Pages

Follow me on Instagram

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Will Tourists Bring Helmets on Their Holidays Just to ride in NYC?

Previously I have talked about the Citi Bike Share program to discuss my excitement and to talk about its effects on local businessesamNY has another article this time discussing the concerns for riders safety. NYC currently has the highest fatality rate from bike wrecks in North America. One of the safety measures discussed includes mandating the use of helmets for all Citi Bike users.

I wonder, will tourists use the schemes if they are forced to wear helmets, which currently isn't the practice in London, Paris or Washington DC?

I certainly support safety measures but is having one rule for Citi Bike riders and one for other bike riders a mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment