Pages

Follow me on Instagram

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Top 25 Bars in the World: #45 Candelaria

I had recently read about Candelaria in Drinks International Top 50 Bars of 2012. I had been a fan of their list for awhile as it had taken me to the brilliant New York bars of PDT, Death and Co, Dutch Kills and Clover Club.




When I read there were only 2 bars from Paris in the Top 50 I was a little disappointed but I set out to visit Candelaria to see what makes it the best bar in Paris (Le Bar Du Plaza Athénée is ranked 49). I visited with a friend at brunch on a Sunday as I heard they had good nibbles and specials on my favourite margaritas. The bar is in the back of a Mexican taco shop situated in the wonderful Le Marais district in the 3rd Arrondissiment. The bar is quiet and has a great feel to it. We ordered a serve of the guacamole and chips and I had a margarita of course. I couldn't fault either and really enjoyed the quiet Sunday drink. A visit at night time will need to be had to sample some of the other cocktails on the list. Overall I definitely recommend a visit even just for a quick cocktail as you walk around Le Marais.

No comments:

Post a Comment