Pages

Follow me on Instagram

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sunny Boston

Last week I travelled up to Boston for the day. I had purchased a return bus ticket through Megabus for only $10. I arrived into Boston at 11am and was excited to see that Boston now has a bike share program much like Paris, London and Washington DC. For only $5 you can rent a bike for 30 minutes a time for as many times as you like. The first stop of the day was Boston Common followed by a ride down to the Charles River. 



 










I then parked my bike and had a walk along Newbury St, which is the main shopping stretch in Boston. They have all the best designer stores including Chanel, Ralph Lauren and my favourite Burberry store in the world.

In the centre of the city on the Freedom Trail is the Granary Burial Ground. Here lies some of the most famous Americans including Samuel Adams, John Hancock and Paul Revere.















For lunch I grabbed a bowl of the famous New England clam chowder from a restaurant near Faneuil Hall. When I had finished I walked past a line of restaurants on Union Street that were all offering lobster specials from $11-$14. Even though I had just finished lunch I couldn't go past the special so I decided to come back after Charlestown and get a late afternoon snack of lobster and beer. Coronas were only $2 so my bill with a tip came up to only $21 for 1 1/4 pound lobster and 3 beers!





The next stop was a short ride over into the North End neighbourhood. On the Freedome Trail are the hostorical sites of Paul Revere's house and the Old North Church.

















I then rode across the Charlestown Bridge into Charlestwon to see the Bunker Hill monument and the USS Constitution. Charlestown is a lovely neighbour hood with beautiful architecture. This ended my sightseeing and I started my trip back towards Fenway Park for that night's baseball game.




No comments:

Post a Comment